The Oregon Foster Parent Association (OFPA) is a statewide association operating within the foster, relative, and adoptive community in Oregon. Founded in 1996, the organization’s mission is “to empower, support, and advocate for foster, relative, and adoptive families who enrich the qualify of life for Oregon’s children.”
Achievements in the last 15 years include
- Published a Resource Guide for local support groups. Distributed to 50 local groups, board members for training purposes, and sent to seven states other than Oregon.
- Sponsored a statewide conference “Fostering Connections for Children” where almost 400 foster care providers were trained in a variety of subjects related to foster care.
- Initiated a “Toll Free Resource & Referral Line” for foster, adoptive, and relative care parents and support groups with plans for expansion.
- Supported several regional training conferences around the state.
- Provided grants to support foster parents attendance at national training conferences.
- Advocate effectively for foster parents throughout the state, providing peer support and mentoring.
- Sponsored and supported “Camp To Belong”. A yearly camp to reunite siblings who are separated by foster placement or adoption. Visit Camp To Belong NW website.
OFPA is funded through memberships, corporate and individual contributions, agency contracts, fundraisers, grants, and money earned through projects. The board of directors serve in a volunteer capacity and act as mentors to thousands of foster, adoptive, and relative care parents in the foster care system.
THANK YOU ONE & ALL!
on 5/29/14 by OFPA
WALK ME HOME WENT GREAT!
on 5/2/14 by OFPA
WALK ME HOME
May 17th, Salem Capital Building. 09:30 sign-in.
$10/Adult (kids free) registration fee includes T-shirt & lunch.
Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/walkmehome/salem2014 to sign up or support a team.
OR, donate here through PayPal and list names, & shirt sizes in an email to email@example.com.
PLEASE COME & HAVE FUN
on 3/27/14 by OFPA
Board Elections are complete:
PLEASE WELCOME OUR NEW BOARD. There are still positions open.
President: Karl Howell
Vice-President: Malinda Fleming
Treasurer: Don Darland
At Large Members:
Immediate Past President: Bill Foust